any one married to a chef??

just wondering if there are any other chef wives out there ?? Do you like it?

abellvalerie

Asked by abellvalerie at 11:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I'm not married to him, but we have been living together for three years now. He is an excellent chef with a really good job... But that job takes him away from us most of the time because he is an exec and has to work very long hours to accomidate the company that he works for. On top of that, he does not get paid hourly. When he does cook for us (most nights I have to cook for me and the kid because daddy doesn't get home until 8 or 9 at night, and sometimes later) it's like really good sex on a plate. I worry about his cholesterol and often wonder if he is going to bleed cheese if I cut him open (how morbid is that?), and am concerned about his weight (he obviously loves food), but I love his creativity and his passion for what he does. So, yeah... I like it, but there are things I hate about it too.
    Singingmommy01

Answer by Singingmommy01 at 2:57 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• My dh just finished culinary school and works at a resort and the hours are long which I am okay with. The busy season is starting and he is not alowed to reuest days off which stinks we have 6 kids and it would be nice for him to be able to caome to an activity once in awhile. Staring out the pay stink it has been a struggle to make ends meet I know it will get better I am happy for him he has found his passion and loves what he does
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 12:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• My husband is a British Head chef. He works VERY long hours. We are a great pair because we are both foodies. So me being American and him being British, we are always experimenting with new dishes. He actually has a ton of my dishes on his menu right now.
    victoriaof4

Answer by victoriaof4 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Thats great the exc Chef dh works for is british. I love food too and enjoy when he is able to cook for us It is defenitly a hard carrer since they are away from the family alot like all holidays whioch I am okay with we will just work around it I am just glad my dh has found what he loves to do
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 5:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• my husband is! he is italian...he owns 2 italian restaurants.
    chloe_romano

Answer by chloe_romano at 9:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2008