Circumcinsion

Does anyone know if medicaid in florida covers circumcinsions when i had my son in 2007 i had to pay 200 dollars my best friend had her son in 2010 and she said it was covered by medicaid

Monique78

Asked by Monique78 at 7:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would call the insurance company and find out. Here (in PA) it's covered... But calling to check can't hurt.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I would call and ask. It's usually covered if it's done during your hospital stay, but if you have to leave and come back for any reason, it's usually not.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:06 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I'm in Iowa, my son was circ'd when he was 2 days old, before we left the hospital, and medicaid paid for his.
    Anonymous

• And actually, I had to take him in when he was about 2 weeks old to have it re-done (part of it stayed connected) and they covered that office visit too.
    Anonymous