Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Hi moms iam a single mom looking for a free lawyer to help me get childsupport or get advise.

I have went to court but he is always a no show so i don't go sometimes and he is a con man and i am afraid to lose or face him please iam afraid of him what do i do.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (2)
  • Go to the support enforcement office. It may take a few trips. What state are you in? Some states are better than others. Does he have a legitimate on the books job? Is the support court ordered. If you get state help, they will go after him for you.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 7:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • Google 'free legal aid' then whatever county or state you live in. That's how I found pro bono attorneys in my area.

    Answer by Nanixh at 8:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.