is this normal for a 3yr old

hello to all, latelywe have noticed that our daughter has body order( from her underarms), but only smells when she hot, coming home from school, or just hugging around the house. She takes daily baths, and after bathing we put powder under her arms, and we wash her up every morning before school and also put powder. But anyway we was wondering if this is normal for her age. and if not what is the best way to go about this before it get out of hand. thanks for reading and responding.

trinibaby

Asked by trinibaby at 7:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i dont think its very common..why not use an all natural deodarent on her?
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I dont remeber ever having this problem with my girls. (they are grown now) They took baths daily. Did not put anything under their armpits. People sweet people stink. Give her a bath twice a day.

Answer by louise2 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• It is not very common but my son will get it from time to time and he is 4 1/2 years old. Just make sure to wipe her down with a wipe or soap and water when she is sweaty and use baby powder or a deoderant spray. I would bring it up at her next doctor appointment.
    proudlilmom0151

Answer by proudlilmom0151 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• thanks to all . to :spammyann , it's not real bad bo, but in way its just like when the boys been aout run about all day.
    And to :proudlilmom0151, i will bring it up at her next doctors appt.
    when i told other family members about using deodarent on her they said that i was crazy, and that i was imagion that she has bo
    trinibaby

Comment by trinibaby (original poster) at 7:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I think you are right to bring it up at her next appointment, until then I would use deodorant.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Not trying to be mean, but is she overweight? Overweight can cause girls to hit puberty REALLY early... and underarm sweating and smells come a few years before periods start,etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i have a 4 yrold and shes not over weight but not on the smaller side either, i never noticed underarm smells.
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:51 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• to xxhazeldovexx, no my daughter is not Overweight. she is very slim
    trinibaby

Comment by trinibaby (original poster) at 9:36 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• my son started to have underarm oder when he was very young...i gave him a deo stick.
    get her a little one (travel size) from suave or secret until you had a chance to talk to your doc. i would not worry unless the odor is getting out of control.
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 12:33 PM on Oct. 12, 2010