When do I ask/tell her?

Dh and I are planning to renew our vows next June. We are doing things kind of big this time since our wedding was super small. We just decided do this recently and about the time we decided to go a head and do it one of my best friends and her DH split up. She is real bumbed about their split up and I don't want to depress her anymore than she already is by telling her I know you're getting a divorce but hey want to be in a wedding. So how much more time do I let pass before I bring this up to her?

nurbabe82

Asked by nurbabe82 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• If she is a real friend she will put her feelings aside for what is going on with her and she should be happy for you... you can't help the timing and if she is going toi be in the wedding party she should be notified asap ;).. anyways Congrats!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 7:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• If you want her to take part I would ask her right away. Even though she's feeling sad for her own situation, she should be able to be happy for you. Just try to remember what she's going through and be there for her.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I agree, if she is a real friend she will be happy for you. I would just assure her that you decided this around the same time that her split happen. I think she will be ok and would LOVE to be in your renewal wedding!! :o)

Congrats and Happy Wedding Planning!!!

~Alyssa M.
    Helping Moms Work From Home Since 1999!
    www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com
    www.sandamaliska.blogspot.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 7:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• It's not easy to keep this for long. If it is possible maybe a few months. I know it will still be hard for her then but she is more use to the idea of the split up and possibly settled in to her new life a little. It's not til next June so you have a while. No big rush. I am sure you are excited. I will be married to my husband 10 years in December of 2011. I'd love to renew our vows or have a really big party. Good Luck!
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• You are such a sensitive. :-) But the problem with being a sensitive all the time, is that you push your own happiness aside. You and your husband should go ahead with renewing your vows. Your friend will be OK.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• You can be supportive of your friend and still do what you want to do. Her participating/going to your vows renewal may renew her faith in love.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I agree with Tam. Seeing the love you share with your DH may make her realize that things happen for a reason and there will be a tomorrow.GL!!!
    keeckhardt

Answer by keeckhardt at 2:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2010