Help!

I'm in need of a good meatloaf recipe.

Queenofscrap

Asked by Queenofscrap at 7:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I'm also an eyeballer. I use 2-3 lbs of meat (we like leftovers), 1 egg per pound of meat, about 1/2 cup instant rice per pound, about 4oz or so of finely shredded cheese per pound, about 1/4 cup ketchup, onions, parsley, black pepper, salt or seasoned salt, and whatever else sounds good - sometimes I'll use some dry Ranch instead of other seasonings.

My mom puts in Italian seasoning, rice, mozzerella cheese, and tomato paste, and tops it with more Italian seasoning/cheese/tomato sauce mixed together.

A while back I did the rice, egg, cheddar cheese, steak sauce, pepper, onions, and that was really good too for something different.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 8:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Put some sausage in it.

Answer by louise2 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i use the recipe off of the lipton onion soup powder stuff. it is really good. i get complements
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 7:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Honestly, I "eyeball" everything in my meatloaf. I use onion, italian bread crumbs, ketchup, and tomato sauce. I dump it all in the bowl and mix it up, then form it into a "loaf," top it with tomato sauce, and bake it. Sometimes I'll toss other things in, like cheese, or chives. I made some the other night with crushed, stale garlic and herb townhouse crackers, onions, and chives. My husband said it was the best meat loaf he thinks I've made. But the trick is to mix it until it smells tomato-ey, if that makes sense.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2010