Red rash -> down there :/ adult content

Maybe TMI for some of you! Please don't bash, just need to know if anyone has been in the same boat! I have had unprotected sex but not recently. I have never had this problem before but 2 days ago my downstairs started feeling irritated. It is now to the point when its itchy and even more irritated because I keep touching it. I am not having abnormal discharge or any other symptoms. When I continue to touch it the small bumps hurt. But otherwise they are not painful. Please give me any info you have that may be helpful or let me know if there is anything I can do for relief. Thank you so mucH!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Health

• does it smell at all? is it wet or moist or dry?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:51 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• have you recently shaved down there? sometimes if i shave a different way than normal the hairs grow in differently and it itches more than usual. also the bumps might be ingrown hairs.

or are the bumps inside your vagina? if so, you should go get checked just to be sure.
    Born2BAMommy5

Answer by Born2BAMommy5 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• No smell, its pretty dry.

I shaved yesterday which irritated it. Some bumps in the lips also. =/
    KMOMMA180

Answer by KMOMMA180 at 9:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I get ingrown hairs when I shave down there, doesn't matter which way I shave and what not. It could be that, but with ingrown hair you can kinda tell. But, if you're not sure it doesn't hurt to go to the doctor. It could just be an infection of some sort and not an std.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 10:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Just get it checked out. I know it's embarrassing, but whatever it is you need to know. I would give it a deadline. Like if it's not gone by Monday, call and make an appointment to get looked at right away. If you don't want to go to your regular doctor, go to a free clinic? And remember that if it is something, it's not the end of the world. And if it isn't, learn from this and be more careful in the future to never have to go through this again!! :)
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 13, 2010