Your ''Freshman'' son wants to start dating Now that he is in High School - Can he Date ''Upper Classwomen'' ?

Answer the question then reply back after you have spoken to your s/o.... This should be interesting....

emily1230

Asked by emily1230 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• My sons were only allowed to have girlfriends who were 1 grade behind or 1 grade ahead of them. Generally, though, no girls who were a grade ahead wanted boyfriends who were younger than them so their girlfriends were either in the same grade or 1 grade behind them. So, as Freshman they would have been allowed to have a gf who was in the 8th-10th grades but no girls in the 11th or 12th grades. In turn, as 11th and 12th graders they were not allowed to have gf's who were 9th graders or 9th/10th graders, only 10th-11th graders or 11th-12th graders. They were also not permitted, as Seniors, to have gf's who were out of high school.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:03 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• If he's tall enough and good looking enough sure.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:02 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I'd think it would be almost impossible to stop him, same goes for a daughter. Sure you can try to monitor where they go and with who, but you can only control so much.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• LOL... first question that comes to mind is "Can he?" I mean what upper classgirl is going to want a freshman... and why???
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Sure he can. A Junior is cool, but I would be sceptical about a Senior. 2 years apart is good enough.
    TeeHas3

Answer by TeeHas3 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Yes. My hs boyfriend (I dated him from jr year all thru college) was in the grade behind me.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 6:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I really don't think this is a good idea. For the most part, boys aren't as emotionally and psychologically adjusted enough to date someone older. Also, girls tend to be sneaky and manipulative - especially nowadays (why I have NO idea). My son is 16, nearly 17, and he was dating a freshman at the end of the school year while he was a sophomore. that seemed to be a really good fit. Girls his own age are just in a whole other realm and that has always been true. He's extremely intelligent but emotionally he's very "delicate". So I don't think its a good idea for MOST boys. Some will be ready but so many more aren't.
    chrisnmandysmom

Answer by chrisnmandysmom at 11:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2010