SHould I be Concerned?

My DD is 2 and has started calling my SO daddy (HIs name here). n her Dad: Daddy (his name here). her dad hates it but she sees my SO more than her dad cuz he is a jerk and only gets her on weekends so i can work per court order....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Personally, I wouldn't be concerned. At least she is stil calling her biological father "daddy". So she has two daddies....isn't she blessed? He's simply being uptight. Don't let HIS issues affect HER relationship with either of them. HE is the parent and should have a little perspective other than himself.
    Haleygrrl

Answer by Haleygrrl at 12:05 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I wouldn't worry about it. she hears others call them their names, but she knows them as Daddy too. my 2 1/2 year old does that to me and DH and we are his biological parents. :) I'm mommy Evie, hubby is daddy Brandon. All I can do is remind him I'm Mommy not Evie to him
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:38 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Thats not the problem instead of calling My SO by his name n her dad, dad she calls them both daddy followed by their first names......
    Anonymous

• my son does that, I just remind him not to call me Evie after the mommy, and just call DH daddy.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• She is the one that really needs to come to terms with this. She is more affected by a split than you guys are. IMO, whatever the child is comfortable with is how it should go in these situations. SS calls my Mommy, and his BM Mom, but only when she isn't around because he knows she would freak. However, he used to call me MiMaw. So because of that BM encouraged him to call her boyfriend Uncle ______. Since he understands that the boyfriend isn't my brother, isn't DH's brother and isn't BM's mother, the whole Uncle thing confuses him to no end. He calls my parents Grandma and Grandpa, my sisters Aunt, my BIL Uncle. I think she should get to choose what she feels comfortable with. Your SO is obviously a daddy to her, so he earned that name.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 27, 2008