It had been 8 years since my last pap, the doctor ask in his routine question if I was sexually active?

I told the doc no, because my husband an I had been separated for 6 mos. He asked me to get in the stir ups, I could swear he was touch the pleasure part... during the whole pap and I imagining things. Should I be worried.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Health

• well it's 100% normal for the dr to ask you if ur sexually active.

pleasure part? do you mean your clitoris? unless his gloved hand or maybe the speculum accidentally and very briefly grazed over it, that's NOT normal. during a pap/pelvic the clitoris should really only be manhandled if it's being examined due to a boil, cyst, etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Maybe the doctor was just examining you.. It is perfectly normal for a doctor to ask if you are currently sexually active or not..
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• It is normal for the Doctor to ask if you had sex....
    tanya120

Answer by tanya120 at 8:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• - a dr. will ask if you are sexually active. I remember being a teen & being ask that. UGH hated it!
    - If he touched your clitoris.. that is not right.
    - If he was touching inside of you, its all questionable & I guess only you would know. Was there a nurse present? I think its law pretty much for a nurse to be there (personally i hate it!)
    -are you saying you imagined things during the pap? Like in a "sexual way"... or you saying "am i imagining things?"...

really all i ever feel is pain! And the exam is pretty quick. He sticks 1-2 fingers in. Pushes on belly a few times (making his hands touch- which i guess some ladies may like b/c of the gspot?).. removed finger... puts the lil "ducks mouth" thingy up there to open it up... I think he looks up there with a light? (lol idk?) and then swabs with a long q-tip that feels like a freakin scrubbin' pad!... And thats it!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 11, 2010