Your Teen child is at a ''Party'' Do they Know What To Do If They Are To Drunk To Drive Or Their Designated Driver Is Not Sober?

Have You Had ''The Talk''

emily1230

Asked by emily1230 at 7:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• You bet we have had the talk. They know we dont approve of under age drinking, but should the situation arise, I would much rather get the phone call to come & get 'em, than to get the phone call to identify them!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My kids didn't go to parties where there was drinking---underage or otherwise---because they had friends whose parents would not allow drinking and always chaperoned them. Teens should not be drinking. We had ongoing discussions about behavior and fortunately, my kids wrere smart enough to listen. My DH and I didn't ever drink too much or expose our kids to adults who got drunk. There is alot to be said about setting a good example and insisting that kids follow rules.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My kids are too young but I have 2 teenage kids that live with their mom they pretty much come n go as they please... I pray that they are smart enough to do the right thing :/
    This past weekend my sd got into an accident they almost died all 4 girls the girl ran a red light :( What can you do you talk n talk but they are going to do what they want :(
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:10 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Our kids aren't anywhere near the drinking age, but we have a going thing with all of our friends...if you get to a party and drink call us and we will come and get you and your vehicle no questions. We're lucky enough that my parents live in a MIL apartment in our home, so if anyone calls, my mother stays with our boys and we go. Thankfully our friends have taken us up on this. We live in the suburbs of New Orleans, so during Mardi Gras and such we get alot of calls, but I would rather be tired and know we are all safe.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 8:16 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• mine are still small, but we will have the rule that they can call us at anytime, and we will oick them up without punishment ! And we will discuss the things that happened but we will not punish! That will get you no where IMO
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:04 AM on Oct. 12, 2010