Did your baby have a runny nose while teething?

I'm wondering if the two are related. My son is getting one of his molars and is miserable! I hate it.I feel so bad, and I don't know what to do for him! I've tried Tylenol, teething tablets, cold rags...any suggestions, and do you think the runny nose is attributed to the teething?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 8:12 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Runny noses & low grade fevers...through the entire stretch of their teething. For relief, I has a washcloth that was used specifically (and only) for teething. I'd wet it and put it in the freezer to freeze. My kids chewed on those the entire time they teethed.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:47 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would always give my son sugar free popsicles. He LOVED it because he thought it was a treat but it helped numb his gums :o) Oh, my son always had a runny nose too when he was cutting teeth!

Good Luck!!!!

~Alyssa M.
    Helping Moms Work From Home Since 1999!
    www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com
    www.sandamaliska.blogspot.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 8:13 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Yes, it is normal along with fevers when teething and drooling. Vanilla is a good alternative for numbing the gums. Just rub it on with your finger. It tastes good to them too.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Runny noses and even fevers are common while teething. You are doing everything right- the poor baby just has to get thru this. Just keep an eye on the runny nose. If the discharge stops being clear, or he starts to tug on his ears, then the drainage may go to his ears and cause an ear infection. Hope the tough time ends soon. Then you can look forward to potty training! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My son would always have a runny nose and a low grade fever when he was teething. We'd do Tylenol if he was really fussy, but usually teething tablets were enough. He also wore a Baltic amber necklace. It's a traditional teething remedy and it seemed to work. It couldn't hurt. If you google "amber teething necklace" lots of options come up.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:37 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Every time. Runny noses, fevers, and a couple of times he got ear infections as well. Teething was a BAD time for us, LOL.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 10:58 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• yup
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2010