Do you have small children and an Android phone?

I do, and I FINALLY found a good app that entertains her and prevents her from mucking up my settings.... I had to share. http://www.talkandroid.com/applications/toddler-lock/

Do you know of any others?

coder_chick

Asked by coder_chick at 8:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• awesome. i will have to get it. now if i could just find an app that could keep him from throwing all of my phones in the toilet lol
    sweetjpea

Answer by sweetjpea at 10:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• If you find one that keeps him from throwing it (thankfully I haven't had the toilet issue), let me know!
    coder_chick

Comment by coder_chick (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Maybe invent a case for the phone that's toddler proof (ie- water proof, resistant to breaking, etc). As a mother I know I'd definitely buy something like that! I can't count the times my toddler's been peeved at me and chucked my iPhone.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I have the toddler lock on my android but the only problem I have is he touches the screen too much and it freezes up and won't let me touch the four corners to unlock it. Do you know how to re set the unlock action to something different? When this happens I have to take out the batery and put it back in to get the phone un froze just like Ctrl - Alt- Delete on the somputer.
    burtangermom4

Answer by burtangermom4 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Wow, burtangermom4, I've not had that problem... yet. Good to know about though. I'd suggest sending the developer some feedback about it. As a developer myself, feedback is a necessary part of the improvement process. Also, check to make sure you've got the latest version, an update was released yesterday (I think). There's a link here http://www.androidzoom.com/android_games/casual/toddler-lock_noa_changelog.html (right under the "FREE" image) that says 'Contact the author' where you can submit problems, suggestions, etc. I don't know if that's the best or only way to contact them, but it seems current. *shrug*
    coder_chick

Comment by coder_chick (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Nanixh, a case like that would be fantastic.... sadly I don't think the phones would actually be usable in it ;)
    coder_chick

Comment by coder_chick (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2010