HOW CAN I FIT IN ACTIVIES,CAKE,PRESENTS IN A 2 1/2 HOUR PARTY AT A B-DAY PARTY FOR MY SON, AND IT IS AT A TRUCK MUSEUM?

THIS PARTY IS AT THE TRUCKING MUESUM AND THEY ONLY GIVE U 2 1/2 HOURS..SHOULD I HAVE MY SON OPEN PRESENTS OR NOT...SHOULD I HAVE JUST CAKE OR SNACKS TOO?

huntersmom74

Asked by huntersmom74 at 9:28 AM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You might be surprised how much time 2 1/2 hours is. I thought the same thing at my daughter's first party. When everyone arrives, take the first hour to so the museum. Take the second hour to open presents and have cake/snacks. I would even prepare a few games or expect some extra time back in the museum, before the parents arrive. Depending on how old they are, they may also be interested in looking at the gifts and playing with whatever. Cake and presents takes about a half hour unless you have a very large group.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 10:01 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• enjoy the museum, play some games,have cake & ice cream and dont feel bad to take the gifts home and open them then it's ok unless a guest request you to open there gift right there take them home then you wont have to worry about losing anything and kids braking the items before you can get them home but ENJOY YOUR SELF
    jojomommy

Answer by jojomommy at 1:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I never have my kids open their presents at the party and EVERY kid party I go to... (and there are alot of them) they never open either. It is a BIG day for your child and it is alot of attention and I just think it is best to open them after everyone leaves and even sometimes after a nap so that they can enjoy it and not be tired and whiney. My DD's and 2 & 4.
    Mama2MagnEm

Answer by Mama2MagnEm at 8:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• We do open presents - at home parties. We don't when it's a party held out some place. Cake will go fast. Games? You may not need them with the museum features. :) Do what you can and don't sweat the rest. save gifts for at home later. Take a picture of your son opening each one (hopefully with a big smile on his face. LOL!) and send it with the thank you note.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 7:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• this might not sound like much fun but dont let him open the presents at the party, let him open them at home instead -it will save alot of time, but he may not be too crazy about the idea.
    francine5977

Answer by francine5977 at 8:08 PM on Jul. 5, 2008