need advice!!

im 17 and i have an almost one year old son i am in college already about to graduate as a medical assistant and i work full time... my sons father does nothing to help me support my child we are not together and it seems like every guy that i meet either only wants to have sex or they dont want the burden of my child seems like no one really understands all that i am trying to do to give my son the life that he deserves what should i do about all this???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• a man is not required for your son to grow up happy.

Anonymous

• i kno that but im just saying his father wont help me out and neither will anyone else how do i go about getting child support from someone who doesnt even have a job
    Anonymous

• you go through child support enforcement. They will make him get a job and he will have to send the money through the agency and they send it to you. If he doesn't pay, they know it and they will have him arrested.
    Anonymous

• thank you i will be doing that
    Anonymous

• looks like you got good advice. Congratulations on graduating!!! Sounds like you are a great mom and going to provide a wonderful life for your son.

Good luck!
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 12:01 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• enjoy your child, enjoy your schooling, dont worry about men now.. do good for you and your child.. my mom raised me, with a bit of help from her parents, and they worked it out.. my mom didnt date until i was about 16. She had her career, and me, and family. Years later she told me that it didnt matter what a man could do for her, cause she did everything she ever wanted to do... we went traveling together, and you know, she's 53 years old, and super happy with her life.. good for you to be in school and raising your child. My dad left long before i was born, and frankly i dont care to ever get to know him. Be proud, cause alot of moms cant go to school or dont do well with their children.. good luck in all that you do
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:04 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Men are over rated! Especially at your age. You probably wont find one worth a pot to piss in for some time. Most "men" don't grow up untill they are like 25. You have everything under control and you are doing great by your child! Big CONGRATS to you! And yes, check intothe child support thing!
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:38 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• you seem like you are doing fine on your own, if you are able to take care of your son and go to college you can do it by yourself.
    maddoxsmommy605

Answer by maddoxsmommy605 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 27, 2008