Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

how do i retain a lawyer without money?

a woman by the name of greda de jesus stole my identity.she was posing as a mortgage miami.she bought two properties with my credit in a single mom of two boys.i have no job or money.i cant retain a lawyer.what can i do?the bank is after me
i have to be in deland in dec.i have no car to get there im in miami.i called the police on her she is still out free.can anybody advice me?

Answer Question

Asked by hotmomma72 at 8:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 2 (4 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • I don't think you can get a lawyer without paying a retainer up front. I may be wrong here. I guess you should call around.

    Answer by marchar2002 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • You can call your local Legal Aid and see if they have lawyers who may take a case Pro-Bono

    Answer by blackqueen918 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • Google "FL bar association" and search the site for pro bono (free) legal help.

    Answer by elizabr at 8:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • call your local Legal Aid

    Answer by MTM at 10:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • Find someone who will do it pro bono. Meanwhile, file an offical police report and call all three credit bureaus to dispute all the accounts which aren't yours and do put it officially in your file that your credit was stolen. By doing this, you'll slowly get your credit back. But doing nothing will make the problem worse.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 11:24 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

  • These are all good idea's. I also do know that if now one will help probono you are stuck with a good amount tied up in attorney fees. Also I know that you have a set amount of time to get this all solved. I am part of a great program that handles this kind of stuff for a minimal amount a month 36.00. They give you attorney access for a wide range and identity theft protection. Any questions feel free to PM me.

    Answer by mommy2each at 11:26 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

  • You can cal you local Legal Aid Office or the DA's office and they willbe able to assist you depending on the nature of the case. Usually you can work with a Legal AId attory (pro-bono) and they will be able to assit you. However, their caseload is usually filled and you may not receive the most attention that you may require or need for your case to be handeled effectively.

    Answer by blackqueen918 at 11:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.