do you think that marriages are actually stronger after a affair? adult content

it always gets me how women actually believe that their marriage is 'stronger than ever' after something like that.
up to them if they want to stay married and all, but it's never going to be stronger in my book.

even if he truly does never stray again, they always seem to worry that he'll do it again since he did it once.

it always gets me how they go on and on about 'he's now showing me how important I am to him..........'
doubt if he was thinking that much of you back when he had another woman in his arms!
how can they truly recover knowing that it was another woman's body that he was with and not theirs? That everything he now does with you, he did with someone else while is was supposed to be faithful to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Don' believe that infidelity will or can make any relationship stronger, in my book it is a deal breaker no matter how many apologies or tears are shed, it is a done deal! and I am out of there!

Answer by older at 8:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i dont think that its the affair itself that makes a relationship stronger, its that the cheater suddenly realizes how much they really did care for their partner and the partner often starts trying harder in the relationship as well. you see, its not the affair that makes them stronger its the decision to work on the relationship and invest in eachother that does. of course an affair ends most relationships, but in my opinion those were already over long BEFORE the affair.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 9:04 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• No I don't think they are at all. It causes trust issues and suspiscion and I'm not sure people ever totally get over that. They may be able to forgive and go on, but I don't think people forget.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 8:23 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Hell no if anything it destroys marriages!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• no
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I just saw a post from a women that was getting done with a affair with a married man and all that she was going through. She had to see her former lover and his wife 'falling all over each other like teenagers'
    I think that if the husband really thought that much of the wife, then he wouldn't have done what he did.

I think it's the wife that's truly the fool, not only did she get played once by the affair, she now stuck with the husband she was dumb enough to take back!

trust me, I've had some not too smart times in my life to where I can say first hand that there are men that cheat and do it again!
    men from all walks of life that you would have NEVER suspected!

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I think in some RARE cases it can, but the majority of the time no.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Mine would not be. If my hubby had an affair, our marriage would be over. I would not be able to trust him again.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I has a friend of mine ask me today, if my husband has a one night stand, would i divorce him. My answer, damn straight. If you let a man get away with it once, then he will do it again and just apologize again and the cycle will just continue.
    Bagofwind

Answer by Bagofwind at 9:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• If my husband ever had a affair, it would be a done deal- i would never give him the chance to see how much stronger we could be!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2010