How do you stop have feelings for someone who did you wrong...

Back in high school I was with a guy that lied, cheated, and broke me down so much it took over a year to get over him. He married and got her wife pregnant while still dating me. I didnt know he married her. I was pregnant too but he left he high and dry. I lost my daughter have way through my pregnancy, and he never owned up to getting me pregnant. Fast forward 5 years. He recently got in touched with me and we are talking again. It's just like old times. We connect wonderfully. He finally apologized for all he's done. He wants a 2nd chance and I told him no. I said I may have forgiven him but I will never trust him with my heart again. The only problem is, I'm starting to feel things for him again. I miss having this special connection with men but I don't want it to be him I have it with but it is. I don't know what to do.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Don't go there again, you already know what it feels like run the opposite direction......

Answer by older at 8:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• run, as fast and as far as you can. Cut all communication with him and work on being happy with yourself.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 8:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Gl and meet up with him and trust your gut....
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• RUN
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:56 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I have to say that you were in high school and that he was too young. I will not excuse what he did but its possible that he has changed since then. I know that I married my husband at 16 and over the last 9 years we both have matured a lot. I know what happened had to be really hard for you. I am really sorry. I just think its possible he was too young and immature at the time. 5 years can make a world of difference. I am sure you have changed a lot as well. GL, if you are having feelings go for it.
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Find out why he is not with his wife... It could be that he has not changed and that you are setting yourself up for another let down, guard your heart... make sure this time its going to be right........GL
    needhearts

Answer by needhearts at 9:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Head for the hills. Once a cheater, always a cheater. If he did it to you once, he has a high probability of repeating again. the only reason that you have feeling for him is to prove to yourself that you are worth having a relationship with a man who cheated on you.
    Bagofwind

Answer by Bagofwind at 9:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Follow your Heart.......... but, Don't give him the option to Break it Again!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Oy, hard to trust after all that crap he pulled. But...if you get to know him again maybe you can figure out if you can trust him now. GL!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:23 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I was in a similiar situation. I could forgive him, but not forget what he did. If you're going to pursue this, take it very slow and be cautious.
    dlee620

Answer by dlee620 at 12:18 AM on Oct. 12, 2010