what are the benefits of a mutli vitamin??

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 8:47 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Health

• They suppliment the requirements that you need in your diet that you might not get if you aren't eating completely balanced nutritional foods. (which is pretty much almost anyone) Each vitamin/mineral has a purpose. Some are for funciton of organs, some are for better cell communication, some are to help product antibodies, some are to help neuro synapses..etc. A good multi vitamin can really benfit almost anyone.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 9:09 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• The deal is that you are lacking of 100% of your daily needs so the vitamin supplements that. If you have certain ailments they help with that. I take 2,000 mg of fish oil daily. As per my cardiologist. To help reduce cholesterol and triglycerides. I also take 50,000 mg of vitamin D because I am low on it. It may be some what difficult for us to find the deficiencies in our bodies but having a multi can not hurt you. Say if your having skin problems evening primrose oil is wonderful or if your hair and skin is blah you may want to take an essential fatty acid. Some of us are more finely tuned and get head aches when were lacking.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i am not convinced that they are beneficial. if they were couldn't an anorexic be healthy?
    anyhow, we take fish oil...it is so hard to get clean fish anymore, and probiotics. sometimes my kids get chewable greens.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• We live in America and most of us don't eat like we are supposed to. Some experts say that even if we did eat really really well we would still need to "supplement" our diet with vitamins.Vitamins are especially important when you are pregnant and breastfeeding because the baby's nutritional needs have to be met. Specifically, Folic Acid is crucial to not having a baby with spina bifida and other illnesses. I used to feel so tired and run down all the time. Also, before my menstrual cycle (and during) I would be SO tired I had to take naps after work and was also irritable. I started taking vitamins and feel so much better. This was even before I had my two babies! Some people like me have problems with iron though, so you can take the "senior" vitamins which doesn't have iron in them. It's what I do. Hope this helps! :)
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 11:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2010