Does T.V. Shows Go To Far?

Am Watching ''Scare Tactics'' You Know How The Person Is About To Run & That's When They Say ''Dude Your On Scare Tactics'' What If A Real Bad Guy Played That Game To Gain Someone's Trust?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• i see your point, kinda like rapists impersonating cops to gain womens trust...as for the content of shows effecting children and teens, i would be very concerned if my child's basis for decision making was something he saw on tv. my 10 year old pretty much watches whatever he wants (with the exception of porn and a handful of very vile movies). i usually watch taboo things with him and discuss them. its much better than creating "forbidden fruit" as my parents did and shaming me into relying on friends and tv for info about important things when i really should have been talking to them.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 9:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• DO TV shows go too far?
    YES!!! The language and the subject matter are way too suggestive,sexy and profane. I am an adult and I get embarrassed. SO,what does that do to teens?It gives them bad ideas.It gives them "permission " to use filthy words and try to have sex when they are too young. Parents have a tough job keeping their children kids....they want to grow up too fast.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Yes they do. I can't believe half the crap they have on now a days.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I honestly have never heard of that show, so I can't comment there. But my overall belief is if you aren't comfortable with what is going on - change the channel. Entertainment HAS to evolve and continue to step in up, or people stop watching... If we hadn't started looking for something bigger and better we would still be watching Leave it to Beaver - but no one would be watching...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:06 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Ever see the movie "Idiocracy" ? It was a horribly bad movie but when I see the "reality" shows today I think..."Hmmm... we are not that far off",lol. Some shows today do take it too far, IMHO. However, it is my job to decide what is too far, for me and my Family(well DH and my job). Then it is my job to make sure those shows stay out of my home. I know there are people out there who enjoy them, and I say go for it! It is not my place to determine what YOUR family does. Just don't bring it into my home.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 7:55 AM on Oct. 12, 2010