Why do some people get arrogant when with a good man?

my sister is engaged to some guy she met 9 months ago on plentyoffish.com. she is now acting weird & like shes better than the rest of us. I am not the only person who noticed either. She also acts like we are jealous & puts us down... for example I am divorced & our cousin is married but has financial problems & she always brings that up. Our cousin has always been like a sister to us. My sister thinks she's the center of attention for everything & we don't even mention her! Why is it some women get good men & put everyone else off? I never did that. In fact having a good man makes me do the opposite!!

mrsary

Asked by mrsary at 8:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Some people have to feel superior to others in order to feel good about themselves at all....I think it shows a lack of maturity as well as a lack of self-love....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Kind of sounds like high school drama to me...
    keeckhardt

Answer by keeckhardt at 2:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• what happens or what is said when she says that you're jealous?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:56 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• we shrug it off
    mrsary

Comment by mrsary (original poster) at 9:02 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I mean has she given you a reason as to why she thinks you are jealous? are you maybe acting differently in some way?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Sounds to me that this "relationship" may not be all wine and roses. Normally if someone is deliberately trying to find fault in others lives, it is because their life has some serious issues and they want everyone else to feel as bad as they do. Something is definitely wrong.
    Bagofwind

Answer by Bagofwind at 9:42 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• maybe you should smack her down to reality... she's only know the man for nine months what does she know he could be using her.... but i'll be nice.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 10:05 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• we think that too. I just hope she's ok. i do know he isn't a citizen & wants to be. he also used his 1st wife for citizenship but I guess he wasn't successful with it. lol.
    mrsary

Comment by mrsary (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• She obviously has self esteem issues. She feels, now that she has this man, that her value as a person, has gone up. She is basing the way she feeks about herself on who she is with. This just shows that she doesnt feel good enough alone....

Just let her think whatever she wants, its only been 9 months. She doesnt even know him yet.
    Just make sure you are happy, and in the end, things tend to work themselves out.
    GL mama
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:00 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• She is blind, in love and on cloud 9. Just let it go. After she has been married awhile, she'll change back.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 11:38 AM on Oct. 12, 2010