should i still call my district manager and explain to him why i quit or just let it go?

last night i kinda had a falling out with my GM..(another one) anyways..she refused to check my work like i asked and i told her that i've had it with this place..her response was.."i've had it with you being a cry baby" i walked out and did not show up for work today because i was offered another job. my question though is should i call and let him know the reason why i chose not to show was for her name calling again ..and that i refuse to work with her...or should i just let it go and tell future employers that i left because it was such a hostile work environment

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 8:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• Both how many employees should a company lose due to one office jerk. The other gm is creating a hostile environment.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 9:01 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Both!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• both
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 9:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I'd let your district manager know. I'd be careful with explaining why you left your job to potential employers. If you say it was a hostile work environment, it doesn't always shed a positive light on the situation (i.e. you) because there's always 2 sides to a story. Whenever I interviewed people for a position, any negative talk about the previous employer could potentially be a red flag (not always, but consider whether its a risk you want to take)
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I would simply as your immediate manager that you had worked with if you could come in and leave a letter of resignation and keep a copy of it yourself. also be bold and ask for a letter of recommendation and do not let her know you have a new job. Try it, it will be beneficial later on and disregard any phone calling for she said, she said issues.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Both how many employees should a company lose due to one office manager with no people skills. The other gm is creating a hostile environment ..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Pointless
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:00 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Too little, too late if you ask me. You quit without giving a two weeks notice. Doesn't matter what she said to you. You're the one who looks bad.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Let the company HR department know why you left. that way is will be in you employee records and if the manager attempts to bad mouth you in the future you will have a response.
    Bagofwind

Answer by Bagofwind at 11:22 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Won't you have to go and fill out some sort of exit papers? I would talk to HR and let them know. The name calling isn't acceptable especially from a superior.
    dragonflylovr19

Answer by dragonflylovr19 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2010