Toddler bed?

at what age did u move ur kids out of their crib? and did u buy a toddler bed or just go straight to a twin bed?

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 9:16 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• With my oldeest we moved him because I was pregnant and did not want to cribs, he was 18 months. We took him shopping and let him pick out the bedding he wanted. We then went straight to a twin bed. I did not see the need for a toddle bed because they would only be in it for a little while. We just got rails for the twin bed and never had a problem. My middle child we moved at 18 months because he started climbing out of his crib. We did the same thing with him as well. My DD was 2 1/2 and we only didn't move her early because she liked the crib.

I think you have to do whatever you think is best. Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• DS was 2 1/2. We were pregnant w/ our 2nd and wanted to transition him out of the crib before the baby came + it was then he decided to crawl out of his crib and fall. We got a toddler bed figuring the baby would use it when it was time and we could get him a big bed. She transitioned just over 2 yrs old. We had both the toddler bed and crib and she got to choose where she slept. Now its time to get her a big bed.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My kids all started climbing out of the cribs at around 18 mos - 2 yrs. So into twin beds we moved them. Unless the crib converts into a toddler bed, there is no reason to spend that much money on something that only lasts a couple of years at the most when a twin bed will last them til they move out of the house.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I bought my first daughter her toddler bed for her second birthday. I kept the crib up while she was getting used to it to make for easier/less stressful transitioning. My youngest is still in a crib. She is 17 months. She seems the type where I may actually have to move her sooner than two. (climber. lol)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Moved to toddler bed when she was 2 1/2. Still there she is 3 10 months. She could go to a twin. The twin and the toddlers are both there. But it is further to the floor with the twin.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• about 2. my daughter got a toddler bed for christmas last year and recently moved herself into her toddler bed about a month ago. she is 17 months old. she just started climbing into that bed whenever we led her to her room for bed.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 9:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• my son moved into a toddler bed at 14 months, he did great and we never had any problems. he will go into a twin when our daughter moves to the toddler bed.
    sweetjpea

Answer by sweetjpea at 9:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• we just recently moved our two year old to a toddler bed. i'm preggers again so w decided it would be easier to move her before the baby came and we just kicked her out of the crib so the new one can have it.
    raylc

Answer by raylc at 10:01 PM on Oct. 11, 2010