Bleeding and 35 Weeks

I'll be 35 Weeks tomorrow. I had sex on Thursday, and last night (Sat) noticed a tiny bit of the brown tinged blood mixed with mucous that I know can happen when the cervix is disrupted, after sex or after the doc checks your cervix. This morning there was a lot of the same color mixed in, so I've worn a pad all day. It seems to be a pretty consistent flow (although it would be considered extremely light if it were actually a period). There also seems to be an increase in my BH Contractions, but they are not regular or painful.
So, My question is this... Is there cause for concern about the mix of fluids? I've been told that as long as the blood appears brown and not pink or red that it's old and no real reason for concern. Anyone have experience with this, or been told this? Thanks ladies!

OregonJeka

Asked by OregonJeka at 12:04 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Health

• Being a mother to 3, 2 which were preemies, 1 born 12 weeks early and 1 born 4 weeks early, I suggest if you see any blood weather its brown, pink or red you need to call your OB/Midwife to let them know. With my 1st there was no blood but ended up having a placeta abruption and me & my son nearly died. Let your health care provider know and go from there. It could be nothing but better safe than sorry.
    Navy_Wife_Tisha

Answer by Navy_Wife_Tisha at 2:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• i bled like that and it was my mucous plug releasing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• get checked by your doc, sounds like it could have been your mucus plug.
    Anonymous

• I should also add, that my doctor checked me at 29 weeks and I had lost my plug, or at least a good part of it. There was no blood (old or new) with the initial piece of plug being lost. To anyone mentioning to get checked... I have an appointment on the 30th.. would you recommend getting checked sooner?
    OregonJeka

Answer by OregonJeka at 12:08 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• it sounds like you lost your mucus plug.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• if you keep getting contractions go to the hospital tomorrow and theyll check you out or call the doctor and see if you can get in sooner.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• your mucous plug is softening and getting ready to drop and then eventually your waters break..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:24 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Ive been hearing of something called the "bloody show" which I think has to do with your mucous plug, that sounds like what it would be to me! Let me know what your doctor says if you call her tomorrow!I wouldnt worry,but call your Dr if it doesnt go away. Good luck girlie!
    Jenpdxs

Answer by Jenpdxs at 1:10 AM on Oct. 27, 2008