can any military wives (especially Marine Corps) help me?

Two months ago, I was pulled over on base. When they ran my license, they saw that it was suspended. I didnt know that. I moved and cant find the paperwork. Im pretty sure I missed my court date. I tried calling today but no one was able to help me. Does anyone know what my penalty will be? Can they throw civilians in the brig? Or will I have to go to regular court? HELP PLEASE!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Travel

• What state was your licenses suspended in and for what reason?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• California/ failure to pay
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I will research it and see what I can find. Just a question though, what was the failure to pay for?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• a ticket from like 4 years ago
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Okay, what you need to do is contact the county that you had your original ticket in and see what you need to do to correct that. Most of the time, you will have to pay the original cost of the ticket plus a fine of $300 (this price depends on the county). Once you have that cleared up, you can take your proof of payment to the DMV and you should be able to get your license back. As far as the MP, did he/she write you a ticket for a suspended licenses? If so, then you need to take care of that as well. Pay that fine and show them that you are in the process of paying the fines for the first offense.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• bumpHere's a bump for ya!!!

bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 12:43 PM on Oct. 12, 2010