• In the Spotlight:

Ever regretted Breastfeeding?

Sometimes moms can regret FF.....
Im just curious if anyone has ever regretted Breastfeeding & decided to FF their next child?

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 9:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Every single nursing for the first two weeks -- both my kids had such strong suction, they sucked the skin clean off. I have very sensitive, thin skin and I was cracked/bleeding the first day of nursing with both of them, despite being told by multiple lactation consultants that babies were latching on properly. I had to grit my teeth and just suffer through it.
    But after my boobies healed... not for a second!!!! I breastfed both of my kids for over a year.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• No. I regret not trying harder to bf my firstborn (latching issues, no pump, improper education on bfeeding, and postpardon depression were just too much. I also didn't know about re-lactation then). Then sometimes I feel guilty for having bfed my second child for 6 months when I couldn't bf my first. (not bc I COULD bf her, but bc I couldn't bf my first. I've never regretted breastfeeding, though.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:42 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Heck no! I am proud to say that my dd was breast fed for 17 months without so much as a drop of formula. God willing, any children I have in the future will be breast fed as well. But hey, that doesn't make mommas who ff any worse than me. As long as you're feeding your baby, who am I to say you're doing it wrong? :)
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Nope, not for one second. I love and am still loving every minute of it.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• No WAY! Really the best thing I ever did!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• No regrets, still BF at 21 months and I love it. Don't plan on more kids but I would definitely BF again if I were to have another.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 9:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Never. I absolutely love nursing and would not change it for the world. I love the closeness :)

Sarah Niska
    www.4themoms.com
    Sarah82879

Answer by Sarah82879 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I never regretted it although with my first I could not Breastfeed him and I had a hard time deciding to FF. I know that once I made the decision to change my life and his got so much better. I did breast feed my other to children as weill, although I never lasted a long time and I never felt bad about switching to formula. I think you have to do what is best for you and your baby and don't worry about what anyone else says. I remember feeling so upset breast feeding my oldest and one day my mom said "You are so unhappy and he can tell that, just stop breast feeding it is okay." It was a light went on and a weight was lifted.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I breastfed my first, and am 24 weeks and plannin on breastfeeding with her two, I had a wonderful expierence with breastfeeding
    ashcrash

Answer by ashcrash at 9:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I remember telling DS that I actually pitied him because he couldnt experience it. It's incredible knowing that my body is creating a perfectly nurtious meal for my little one.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2010