Do you have hermit tendencies?

And does this seem to bother others because they think you must be lonely or too shy, but the truth is you just like being solitary?

Anna92464

Asked by Anna92464 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• YES- and going through Menopause has made me much more of a Hermit!LOL
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I have to have purpose to get out. Otherwise I stay in.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• If I could stay home all day without ever leaving I probably would. I got rid of all my "friends" and I prefer it that way. I like being alone, at home with my family and my hubby!
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I totally have hermit tendencies. If I don't have anything pressing to do, I'll end up inside, in my pajamas all day. This bothers the crap out of a friend of mine. She seems to think that since I don't get out of my pajamas or get out of the house, then I must be spending hours and hours on facebook all day, when in truth, I'm usually catching up on laundry, trying to straighten my house, baking something with my daughter, etc.. etc. But I just smile and nod and let her go on thinking whatever, cause I know she's not any better than me.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• definitely. I think I don't do much because we don't have a lot of money. If we had extra money...i'd be shopping! lol
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 9:51 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Yes....it is much more relaxing. Most people can be rather self-centered and cause stress in my ife. I am happy being alone most of the time.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I am totally a hermit. I don't care what other people think, lol. I do make myself go out and do things so my son gets out of the house.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 9:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Yeah I have phases where I will just stay inside for a good while and not talk to much of anyone.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Nope.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I do, I have to force myself to interact those who don't live in my house, especially since I started working at home last year. During the week if I didn't have to get out of the car to drop my son off at school I would stay in my pjs all day.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2010