whats going on ?

i just got in the second trimester im 14 weeks and i was having craving for things id like to eat but now it seems like if i think of anything get heartburn so i havent had cravings... why ? is that normal ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Was normal for me. Most women had a lot of heartburn starting in the second trimester. I kept a big bottle of Tums with me at all times. It will get worse as the pregnancy goes on longer though so you need to find something that helps it now before it is to bad.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 12:22 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I can tell you; Tums didn't do SQUAT for me :( For most of my pregnancy last round I depended on Rolaids soft chews... within the last 2 months though they also stopped working... I ended up having to take an over the counter acid reducer before eating anything; and it worked miracles! It is natural to dislike the feeling of heartburn, and by thinking of a craving and being immediately turned off by it, is just your mind's way of saying I don't want that crap again. Food aversion is quite typical, another example would be a memory of something that made you horribly sick. It is very likely that even though the food itself didn't make you sick, your brain remembers the two things together and says NO WAY JOSE!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 2:04 AM on Oct. 27, 2008