Flu shot vs. flu mist

My daughter hates getting the shot & thought about the mist but some have told me that it doesn't work as good as the shot. Anybody have any feedback?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Kids' Health

• i have never heard about that mist
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• We don't vaccinate at all, but if we did, we'd get the shot, not the mist. The mist is a live virus vaccine. The virus can actually shed and infect others.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:56 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i always got the girls shots since 6 months old. I wont do the mist no reason why I just don't want it
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• The mist contains the live virus so your daughter may feel mildly sick for a few days ... or not

After receiving the mist you should not be around anyone with a compromised immune system for a while ... i forget how long but you can google it
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My four-year-old got 5 shots today, the flu shot would have been his 6th! I opted for the mist- He got the mist last year, and was fine. He attends pre-school 2 days a week.
    Susan D.

Answer by Susan D. at 10:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I would love to be able to get my daughter the mist, but because she had an infection in her lungs for a couple weeks when she was 13 months old, she can't. :-/
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:12 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• FluMist is a LIVE flu virus and cannot be given to anyone with asthma. The shot is a dead virus and cannot cause the flu unlike the mist.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My oldest had the shot because he wanted to show he was tough. My youngest had the mist. I didn't see any difference and the way they reacted. Howevere to each his own!
    ericadorsey83

Answer by ericadorsey83 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• shot
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• My 2 year old got the shot -- we learned that if your child has ever had breathing issues/asthma/wheezing or used albuterol, Flumist is not an option!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 7:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2010