CONTRACTION ?????

When you have a contraction..does your stomach top and bottom get hard or just sometimes the top? the top right above my belly button is HARD AS A ROCK for about 30 seconds than it loosens up..i don't know if it's where i am 35 weeks and where she's stretching but it's just the top not the bottom.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• sounds like a braxton hicks contraction
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:07 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• It's usually your whole belly, but sometimes it can just be one spot, you can also usually watch a contraction both come on and let off, if they are consistent, then you are in labor, I mean if she is stretching it's usually not going to be every 2 min, and lasting 30 seconds...you follow? Time them, if you are consistent (and they are getting stronger and more frequent) then call your Dr. see if they think you should come in, usually you will know undoubtedly if you are in a labor! I wish you the best.

smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 12:10 AM on Oct. 27, 2008