at hospital severely swollen after csection...

I have edema everywhere they tell me to drink a ton of water and walk which I am but its getting worse is there anything I could do to get rid of this fluid I feel horrible and I'm pitting nowblah

Kre10

Asked by Kre10 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I got it really badly in my hand I had the IV in, it took a few days to go down. It was swollen like a softball! Good luck to you! And congratulations on new baby. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Keep drinking it will flush it out. Eliminate salt.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Do as they say. Take care and get home soon to take care of that baby.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:08 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Just follow the Doctors orders.Make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids. Are they still giving you fluids thorugh your IV?
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Vie been off fluids for a day now I drink 3 32 oz cups of water a day plus my juice and milks which are 3 times 8 oz I could probably cut more salt I'm eating hospital food ....thanks for your help I know its normal I just thought maybe there was a remedy I ddnt know about
    Kre10

Comment by Kre10 (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My Doctor gave me Furosemide 40MG 1 tablet every day. Plus, Potassium Cl ER 10 MEQ capsules, take one twice a day. You need both. And yes, you need to drink water. It took a couple of days, but it went down. I had to keep taking them in order to keep the fluid down. I hope this helps!
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 6:22 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Yeah, they don't always tell you that all the extra fluids they fill you up with can do that. Give it a few days to even out. You'll be peeing a lot over the next few days, between that, and losing the extra fluid you were carrying around during pregnancy. Your blood volume increases over the course of pregnancy, so that takes a little bit after you deliver to equalize.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:47 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Just make sure they know about it an do what they say. I stayed pretty swollen in my ankles and feet for at least a week after my baby was born.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 3:50 AM on Oct. 13, 2010