out of control little girls

ok so first off my neice is 5 shes a spoiled brat,she runs her mother so today when we were at the mall her mom bought her&my daughters a cinnabun right before we went upstairs to maceys Kelsie(my neice)wants some mis field cookies right after she had the cinnabun,her mom said no at first but she cried&so she finally bought her some cookies& a shake so then we get upstairs to the sweetfactory i told them all to pick out a candy&i would give it to them later after we went out to dinner they all got the candy&kelsie starts to cry she wanted her candy i said no after dinner she throws a tantrum on the floor &her moms goes back into the store&buy her that same exact candy,so after the mall we goto the nailshop my sis tells Kelsie you can get your feet or your nails done pick1,she starts hollering&says mom ima stop crying if you let me get both done,so her moms lets her get both*how do you feel about this>do you allow this?

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 10:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• UGGGGGH! Wow, you have the patients of a saint to not have slapped your sister up side the back of her head. Just remember this is learned behavior for your niece. As long as your little girl isn't picking up bad habits, there isn't anything you can do. Offer your sister help if she asks you. And maybe mail a brochure anonymously to your sis about childhood obesity. That is a lot of junk food.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 10:14 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Have you never heard of punctuation?? Good lord I couldnt' even make it 2 lines before I got a headache.
    Anonymous

• There is no way my child would ever get away with that type of behavior. I couldn't even hold my tongue if my sisters allowed their children to act that way. That seriously is uncalled for behavior and shouldn't be tolerated by any means.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Wow! It's definately wrong, and that seems extreme for it to happen that many times on one trip to the mall. To be honest, I do find myself giving in sometimes. There have been times where I realize as I'm handing something to my kid, that I'm giving in to a tantrum, and I stop and say "wait a minute, why I am giving you this? You're throwing a fit, you can't have it, sorry" but it makes me wonder how many times I've given it without realizing. And it is harder in public. She probably wanted to have a good time with you, and it sounds like her daughter would have screamed all night if givin the opportunity. Of course that's because of a lack of discipline. But I do think it's extra hard out in public, when your child is crying it seems like everyone is watching you and it can be very intimidating to discipline in front of other people. Probably her only other option was to go home, which would have been a good lesson.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Jeez dude, can we say diabetes when they are 12? Seriously, that's terrible for the diet and worse for spoiling. No, I'd never allow anything close to it. Have a blueberry muffin and be glad you got one.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Spoiled children. I would never buy my kids that much junk food. Why on earth does a 5 yr olds need their toes or Nails done?! Mom can't paint them at home. Wish I had her money to waste.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:08 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• No freaking way! I ahve 4 kids (5 in Jan) and we do alot of fun things , but if one acted like that, it would not haooen agin for a VERY long time! And if i were you, i would tell the mom, that you cannot hang out with them if she cant control her child, and teach the child manners!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 12, 2010