Breastfeeding and periods

I have been breastfeeding my son for 18 months now. I have had times where I skipped my period. Now I am worried because my period stopped Thursday and it started up again yesterday. Is this normal for breastfeeding to really mess with periods?? I know its normal to skip them though.I dont have insurance so I cant ask a doctor.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Health

• I am BFing and I didn't get my first period until my son was 20 months old. I have only had 2 and they were both super short (like a day and a half) and the blood was dark, like it was old blood. I think there's no such thing as normal for periods at this point. Your hormones are all crazy. I wouldn't worry too much.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Yep, it's normal for everything to be crazy when you're breastfeeding, your hormones aren't back to normal yet.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I'm BFing my 9 month old and ever had any issues with my cycle so I'm not sure.
    DancingRainbows

Answer by DancingRainbows at 11:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2010