i neep help! please

my son took 10 of of my zanax, i have to call the doc to get more.I feel like i failed

Lori2929

Asked by Lori2929 at 12:10 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• did he take all 10 of them at once??? call poison control!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• confront him he could be selling them girl dont let him go down that road and from now on keep ure prescriptions safe with you
    Anonymous

• Holy wow .....thats messed up ! What did he do with them? I would get a safe with a combination lock!!!!! If he steals your pills he could be stealing anything!!!!
    Chris127

Answer by Chris127 at 12:12 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• DId he take him for himself or for someone else? Explain to him the medical Dangers and horrors that can happen by taking medicine that is not specifically prescribed to him. You'll need to keep a closer eye on all med. Go through your cabinet and thow out anything that is expired take the rest out and store it in a lock box in your room and hide the key. HUGS its not you that has failed. Teenagers look and test the limits always. You just be proud that you discovered whats going on before something horrible happens. HUGS.
    nightowlmama4

Answer by nightowlmama4 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• lock up all the meds..including cold meds..this is way too young to be doing this....check out the kids he is hanging out with are they older? did they put him up to this? You need to find out what is behind all this now!
    malam

Answer by malam at 12:27 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Please don't beat yourself up! My 14 year old son stole my ambien and is currently admitting to smoking weed daily. I am recently home from hospital. I went in for my 3rd knee surgery and was overdosed by the hospital and awoke on life support. My 14 year old son never even came to the hospital, he was out with friends getting rave tickets. Why? I am a excellent mom and have raised a 30 yr a 27 yr and preparing for my 5th grand...what's wrong, I want to beat myself up too. You are not alone hun this is a battle in 2008 to raise healthy teens. I understand your pain and if you need support I will always anwser.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 11:57 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Don't blame yourself, its not your fault. You did not give him the pills he took them. We have a lock box that we keep all of our meds in we have perscription one and over the counter one. But those boxes can be broken into. The stuff our kids do is not our fault. Find out what he did with the meds he took. Zanax can be dangerous. You might need to get him into some counseling. or take him to your pastor. If I can help please let me know.
    redneckmom777

Answer by redneckmom777 at 10:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2008