Don't laugh but is it possible for a man to rape his wife? Because lately my husband has wanted to be intimate and when I say no he does it anyways even when I tell him to stop and he holds me down then apologizes after. When I told my mother she said that a man couldn't rape his wife because thats part of marriage.

Im 3 months pregnant with my first child

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That is rape. Your mother is mistaken or misinformed.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Absolutely a man can rape his wife! If you are forced to have sex unwillingly after saying no, that is rape! Your husband sounds like a completely asshole and I would leave him if I was you. That is NO way to treat the woman you love, especially when she is carrying your child.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• yes it is possible, it does not matter that he is your husband if you say no he should respect that. I am not sure what advice to give here except for to get out of the situation until he gets help. If he is apologizing he knows that he is doing something wrong and it may get worse.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Rape is rape is rape is rape. Please seek professional help - if you trust your doc/ob, talk to him/her, or whoever you trust with this issue.
    Anonymous

• yes, that IS rape...your mother is sadly mistaken..just because you get married, the definition of rape(UNWANTED SEX) does not change,
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 10:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Any time a man has sex with a woman even though she has said NO is committing rape. At no time did my marriage vows say that I had to have sex with my husband any time he wanted.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Absolutely rape, what's wrong with your mom? I'm sorry you are going through this.
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• that is rape. and yes it is possible at anytime if a women or man says no to intercourse or tells you to stop and that person continues it is considered rape.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 10:56 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• that is rape your mother is wrong if he is forcing u too have sex then he raping you that is no way to treat the woman he loves u need to leave him
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• That is not part of marriage. That is rape. I'm so sorry for you. Your husband needs help, and if he does this, he could end up hitting or hurting you or your child. Get some help. Good luck.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:56 PM on Oct. 11, 2010