my DD is 12 weeks...her father is a douche...when visitation/custody stuff is done in a few months, how much time per week will they give him?

will he be able to take her with him....? Im terrified. FYI...he sees her now...about once a week but he has spent a lot of his time in jail since she was born....

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Anytime I've ever asked a question on here about child support and rights everybody has always told me that they have nothing to do with one another. I think if the judge sees his record then you'll have no problem getting what you want and whats best for your daughter. A judge would have to be an idiot to let a baby go with someone driving drunk with xanax on them and a past DUI.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• just bc he's paying support does NOT mean he gets visits! you can ask the court for supervised visits and you may get them, based on what I read about the xanax. you may get sole custody with no visits, hope and pray you do!
    MamaMelMel

Answer by MamaMelMel at 11:37 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• the judge must find an absolutely positive reason why he shouldn't have visitation.. maybe you'll be one of the few cases where he wont get visitation..
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• If you request supervised visits and they are granted, then you will either have to agree on someone who can supervise (not you, typically a friend or grandparent) OR he will have to pay for the court ordered supervisor. Your child will be safer, but the cost of a court order supervisor can be cost prohibative so he might stop seeing her.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 11:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• if its like any other visitation set up.. he'll get her every other weekend and yes she will be able to go home with him. and some cases even 1 day during the week.

what was he in jail for?
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 10:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• idk..wish i could hep but i took full custody of both my oldest
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 11:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• he hit a telephone pole and someone called the cops on him and the cops searched his pockets because he was slurring his words...he had Xanax in his pockets that wasnt his and when he got to the hosp his blood alcohol was .04...then once he was in jail he found out he had a warrant for something to do with a DUI a few yrs ago...?? i dont know...im sure im not getting the whole truth...so they will let her go with him when she is this young? she doesnt know him well enough for that....she would prob cry the whole time and i know he wouldnt call me....OMG i cant even think about this
    mamagee1218

Comment by mamagee1218 (original poster) at 11:04 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• if the judge finds he's a "suitable" father then yes she will be able to go with him that young. my sister asked the same thing after she had her youngest kid.. she was shocked the judge said the baby could go with her ex as soon as she was born..the next visitation weekend he had. it would all depend on how the judge feels about his charges though.. good luck!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• oh.. and trust me i know how you feel.. my youngest daughter doesn't know her father that well (and my oldest doesnt seem to remember him) so if he ever decided to one day try to get them for a weekend they wouldn't know them at all and my baby would probably be scared of him.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• If you guys aren't married then he has no rights. He'd have to pay a lawyer to take you to court to get any kind of rights and he doesn't sound like that's on his list of priorities and I really don't think they'd let him take her being that small anyways. He might get visitation and that's about it. I wouldn't worry about it. I was married and when I got divorced all my ex got was reasonable visitation and our daughter was 2 at the time. He smoked pot and drank and partied and the judge was told that and he didn't get crap and he knew not to fight me for anything else.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2010