my silly question of the nite but i have to ask

if u had ringworms in your system for a long time an didnt realize it..so its now in your blood stream..an you get pregnant..can u pass it on to the baby...
an also can u get it on your vagina..i have never seen it down or heard of it down there so these so im just wondering

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 11:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Ringworm is a fungal infection. You can get them anywhere and it is treated with the same anti-fungal as athlete's foot. It most likely cannot be passed to the baby and the treatment shouldn't harm them either since neither are passed through the bloodstream.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Ummm...ringworm is a skin condition, isn't it? How would it get to your blood stream? Do you mean tapeworms, or pinworms?
    Anonymous

• no i actually mean ringworm..i know its a skin condition...but i have heard that a doc said that it can infect the blood stream if u have it 2 long...some ppl get it an dont even realize it for yrs..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Mkay, I really didn't know, I've never had to deal with any of those - I never would have guessed it can get in your blood.
    Anonymous