20lbs to go and it aint going! HELP

So you could pretty much I have been a diet and workout nazi lately. I did p90x for the full 3 months and lost 15lbs and 20inches over all as well as 4 pant sizes. Awesome, right? Well then I didnt feel up to doing another round back to back so I started doing my eliptical 1-2 times a day along with doing some of the moves I learned from p90x. I lost anoter 5lbs and a pant size as well as a few inches.
Heres the problem: I am maintaining my weight but not losing. I have 20lbs to go to get my goal weight and it is just not going any where! I have pumped back up my workout and switched up my diet and still nothing. I carry all the weight in my legs, my belly is flat and toned as are my arms and back. Its my hips/bootie/legs that have fat on em. At 5'4", I dont need any extra weight on my short legs!
If anyone knows of a good jump start diet or workout routine, please let me know!

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 11:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't know what kinds of diets you've been doing but I've been counting calories and that's working wonders for me so far. Perhaps you should look into anaerobic workouts that focus on the thighs, hips, legs. How long have been on this sort of plateau and what kind of diet are you currently following?
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 1:11 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• You're not losing poundage because you're gaining muscle and it weighs more than fat. Don't focus on the number, focus on your health. Do you feel healthy? Do you look healthy? Do you like what is happening to your body?

Don't stop working out and eating healthy... but I would stop focusing on those last pounds.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 11:26 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Are you eating enough calories to offset those workouts? If not, your body is holding onto that weight as stored energy.

Muscle takes up less space than fat but weighs the same...1 lb weighs 1 lb regardless of what it is...
    What is your BMI? If you are in a healthy range you will also maintain instead of losing.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 3:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• tweak your diet some.
    calculate your BMR :)

mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 8:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Well sounds like your doing the right things. I am gonna say it is diet. You need to eat low carbs and low hypoglycemic foods. Eat small meals and 6 times a day. Eat upon waking and drink plenty of water. Eliminate any artificial foods. NO diet foods. Post your diet for a few days and let me see what it is. I may be able to help you out a little bit. At this point in my life I am loosing and it is amazing to feel the power my body has.
    So show your diet or send it to me by pm. I would love to help you out.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2010