Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

i filed for child support the other DD is 12 weeks...once her father starts paying custody, does that automatically give him a right to see her? will visitation be set up along with all that or is that a different thing??

so confusing...he made a comment the other day like "i dont feel sorry for crying babies" and i am so so so scared that if he gets some judge to tell him he can take her with him somewhere or overnight or something then he will just let her cry and not call me just because hes an asshole....the thought of this makes me want to puke...


Asked by mamagee1218 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 17 (3,863 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • Every state and every county for that matter is different. If you don't have a court order saying he gets her, do NOT and I repeat DO NOT let him take her with him right now. Possession is 9/10th's the law meaning that who ever has her, gets to keep her in the eyes of the police and they will NOT make him give her back to you without a court order. Please be mindful of that if ever you take him back. You may say now that will never happen but stranger things have happened. If you are or were married to the father, that makes a difference. Another thing I have to say is do NOT be surprised or even offended if he demands a paternity test. If he does and the test shows it's his baby - he gets to pay for that too! GL and PM me if you need any more answers. I have been through this from ALL angles!

    Answer by Babylove76 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • just bc he pays doesn't entitle him to visits. check w/ ur lawyer, court system. if he's unfit, you can limit it, or even ask for supervised visits. gl

    Answer by MamaMelMel at 11:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • here in houston texas the attorney general does both and if you file for child support they give him standard visitation.

    Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 11:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • u have to file vistation seprately but if u want u can file at same time thats what i did it might take a bit longer but its easier n long run..

    Answer by Kittty_Katt at 1:28 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

  • **i meant starts paying support

    Comment by mamagee1218 (original poster) at 11:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • In my state: If he pays child support, he is entitled to visitations.

    Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:30 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

  • It depends on your state

    Answer by LiLJeni at 3:32 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

  • It depends on the state and the situation. A judge will have to make that decision. Keep track of anything he says that you think points to his having an abusive personality or making sure the visitations are supervised if a judge allows him visitation.

    Answer by SophiaofLight at 5:49 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

  • Get some good legal advice. In CA, he has visitation rights. But every state is different, and few of us have legal backgrounds.
    Hopefully, you'll be able to keep your baby safe from him!

    Answer by musicpisces at 9:18 AM on Oct. 12, 2010