Toddler bed spinoff question.

My daughter is 19 months old and I would like to transition her to a toddler bed, but I'm a little parinoid. When it's time for bed she does great and has never been upset or thrown a fit about going. But I can hear through the monitor that she plays in her bed for about 30 minutes before she actually goes to sleep. I've never minded, but now I'm worried that if I transition her she will get out of bed to play and be up for much longer than 30 minutes. Any similar experiences?

sandrizzle

Asked by sandrizzle at 11:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes but you will just have to keep putting her back trust me it is sooooooooooooo annoying at first but when she knows that you will not give up she will most likely give up
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 11:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Mine did the same thing in the crib and did just fine in her big girl bed. She still talks and plays but doesn't leave her bed. I make sure her room is relatively tidy and don't keep any favorite toys in there so there is no incentive to get up. I let her pick a book to look at in bed. I also put a babel gate on her door so she can't leave her room.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:40 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• my son sleeps in our bed, but when he sleeps on his own, he goes right to bed..no playing.
    JaelynS

Answer by JaelynS at 7:06 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Likes answer #1 and also, at 19 months, maybe she is just not ready for the big bed yet?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2010