Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

where can i get child support help for free or low cost im a single mother of one my daughter is about to turn two.

my babys daddy gets mad when i ask for help on our baby needs i dont know what to do but i do need help i work all day 8 hours a day or 12 hours a day but sometimes its really hard cuz i pay everything.

Answer Question

Asked by chikitac10 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Parenting Debate

Level 3 (14 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • Have you tried the foodstamp office. I know they can give you something to supplement child support and start pressing the issue of getting the father to actually pay it. Usually involves going to court and the father having to pay back what was given to you from them as well as back pay from all the time he never paid, or if the make a court order for him to pay and he doesn't you will countine to get the supplemental child support and he will go to jail, or if he works his wages will be garnished and then sent to you. Or at least that is how it works in Kentucky.

    Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • Try applying for CCAP, Childcare Assistance Program

    Answer by MomMom23 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • attorney general office call maybe your local united way i think thats what its is called they normally have resourceful numbers. or dial information to give you your local attorney general office number

    Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 11:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • Do you mean help to file for child support from the Dad or get help elsewhere?

    Answer by MarlaMomma at 11:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • Were you married? Did you get divorced or was he just a dead beat dad? You can call the city and try and get a lawyer pro bono. You need a court ordered amount for him to pay in child support.

    Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:52 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

  • domestic relations. make your you have all his information, birthday, ss number. everything. where he lives where he works and everything. and if you do need help go to assistance office because they will give you paper work for domestics. don't ask him because he wont just give it. alot of men that are not taken to court never pay. its sad but true. i had to do it and it was very difficult but be ready because he will want visits. i am not sure if that is a issue with you. mine livs out of state so its a different issue but go get yourself help. its his kid too he needs to take responsiblity. don;t just let him walk away. get what she deserves. this is about the little girl that needs things from both parents.

    Answer by lambdarose at 1:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

  • Apply for PA in the interview explain why you need the assistance lack of child support. You will be approved for CA as it goes to court at which case the state tries him and he owes the state what they pay you. Good Luck. So basically it's a middle man situation. OH yeah he also ends up owing the state for them having to try him.

    Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

  • dido gl

    Answer by mekarevell at 12:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

  • food stamps?

    Answer by san78 at 6:07 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.