For those who keep a BOS and a mirror book

Which grew faster for you? Just curious.
At first, my mirror book grew faster, but once I started letting go of my fears about doing something "wrong" my BOS started growing faster. Now, they pretty much expand at the same rate. My mirror book is basically a mix between a journal, a rough draft of my BOS, and a place where I take notes on things I'm reading about.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 11:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My BOM always grows faster, because I tend to make 2-3 entries a day... I always make a note of my dreams (from sleep), meditations and visions as well as "paranormal" contact and any divination I do... Plus I tend to make a note of any other daily tid bits through my day that may need to go in... BUT, my BOS only gets added to when I'm doing spiritual work or adding to the "educational" portion of it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• A mirror book sounds like a really good idea for me. I have so many rough drafts floating around here. I too need to just start putting things straight into my BOS and not worry over it.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I do not have a mirror book/journal... tho I do have a BOS and I am working on a second one....
    But I keep all of my notes within the pockets of my BOS... I actually go thru it every so often and
    either add the notes to the appropriate pages or create pages for the notes...

gertie>>>> a BOS = Book of Shadows
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Here Gerty - These are from my blog, but will give you all the basic information...

The Book of Mirrors

The Book of Shadows

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Same here Bat. Balance means everything in my opinion and you can't have one without the other. I respect all religions but believe in the male and female deity and do not necessarily worship but give thanks of course and have a wonderful relationship.
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Never heard about this. Could you explain for us?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• A BOS= Book of Shadows.
    Mirror book= Basically a magickal journal.

These are things that are kept by Wiccans, Pagans, and others who practice witchcraft (but not all Wiccans are witches, nor are all Pagans witches). Though not all keep either or both. The mirror book could sort of be compared to a spiritual journal or a prayer journal. The BOS could be compared to a religious text, or guidebook, for an individual. That's just my outlook on the two, though.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 11:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Thanks for posting those links Sabrina!
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Book of Mirrors.... never heard of it but love it! interestingly enough, i have recently started just such a thing( sorta by accidental necessity) and wondered how to integrate it with my BoS. Oh, Sabrina, the circles of synchronicity in my life the last couple days......:)
    angelenia

Answer by angelenia at 2:38 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I've never studied those 2 religions much but have always been interested. Thanks for the links. I think I'm going to go read up on them a bit.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 2:44 AM on Oct. 12, 2010