I am really scared that my mother is going to try to abducted my daughter , what can I do to make sure that doesnt happen?

I have 4 beautiful kidos my oldest is a girl my other children are boys , My mother has always had a weird fasanation with my daughter to the point that it has completely ruined our relationship , my mother refuses to even touch my boys and claims we neglect our daughter which is far from true. For the first 7 years of my daughters life all my mom did was call cps on me and they never tried to take any of my kidos not even once , So my husband and I decided to move out of state and as soon as we did my mom found out where we had moved to and emailed cps where we are now and the school my daughter was going to at the time and called the local police! and praise the lord cps in our new state told my mother to stop harassing us or they were going to press charges on her . Well here latly my mom had people befriend me on facebook so she can see pics of my daughter and I am very afraid that she is going to come and try to take her

amber1981192

Asked by amber1981192 at 11:42 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Are you still writing? Get a restraining order out on your mother.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• To start with I would get a restraining order if it is that serious.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• and this wouldnt be the first time she has tried to take her or said she would and the cops say get a restraining order but those are only given if you can prove that the person involved is going to hurt you . I just dont know what to do and am looking for advise.
    amber1981192

Comment by amber1981192 (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Go down to the courthouse, get the paper work, fill it out and see what happens.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:47 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I would make sure that the school knows what is going on and they know that under no circumstances are they to release your daughter to your mother in case she would come to the school.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Wow that is scary. First of all, I would get a restraining order on her. Secondly, I would make sure that I had no contact with any of her friends or with people that might give her information about you and your daughter's where abouts. Does she know exactly where you live...like address and everything? If so, I would seriously think about getting some kind of security alarm in your house, if you don't already have one, and warn the school, neighbors, and other friends or relatives about the situation so that EVERYONE is aware that your mother or unfamiliar people are not allowed to pick your daughter up from places she may be. How sad that you have to be worried about your own mother abducting your child. :(
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• omg wow. i would try hard to get a restraining order show or get proof of all of the cps records to prove that she has been harassing you. and yes inform everyone. wow i am so sorry.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 11:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• First thing I would do is DE-friend all those people on FB that your mom sent to you to befriend. Secondly, I'd be at the police station first thing tomorrow morning filing a restraining order.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• thank you to everybody I have a game plan now of what to do .
    amber1981192

Comment by amber1981192 (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Oct. 12, 2010