I am 17 and my boyfriend is 18. we have a 2 month old daughter together and he's a great dad but sometimes he seems to forget that its not just us and we have a child because he wants to go out alot and i don't want to leave our baby with just anyone. how can I explain the fact that we need to grow up to him nicely?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Honey, that comes with the Penis! My DH is 31 and we are on child number 3 together and we have the SAME issue... It's just a guy thing... All you can do is talk to him, talk to him and talk to him again... Chances are he won't remember, but you can try.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I agree with the above. Also, it doesn't seem to go away easily. And, he's 18, so forget it. Welcome to motherhood! We seem to always carry a heavy burden. Not that there aren't great dads out there.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• youre 17 and 18...where r u going and what r u doing?????? what do you mean by "go out"??? youre not old enough to drink so i dont see why you cant take your baby wherever you "go out" to....maybe once he sees what a pain it is to take a baby everywhere with you and how much it can upset an infant to be overstimulated then he will learn to think about himself a little less....Sabrina is right tho, men are idiots and you probably wont get anywhere with him....just tell him to go out alone and miss out on all his daughter's amazing-ness...maybe he will change his mind
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 11:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• my boyfriend cant grasp that either! My kids are taking up golf now that he is realizing you can't always leave them behind (course I think they are getting better than him). There is nothing like a romantic dinner with crayons and cutting someone elses chicken into bitesize peices. LOVE
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 12:30 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• He's 18! That's a child. He wants to go out with his buddies and do guy stuff, that's what people do at 18. There is nothing you can do, it's instinct. YOU have a baby, he gets a life. He doesn't need to be home because he has you, you're the mom, you take care of the baby, that's what moms do. Sabrina's right, it comes with the penis.

Make your next boy friend someone who has custody of his kids, he may understand it a little better.

Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 12:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• It truly is a guy thing..but luckly they do grow up...sometime's not till they are in their 30's thow...hang in there..lol♥
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 1:12 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I agree. My dh is 27, we have three kids. We still occasionally have these fights. Men just take more time to mature. Also, longer to settle into the family life. if you cn stick it out, he will learn eventually learn whats important. God bless!!
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 10:11 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i just learned this in anatomony. men's brains don't develop as fast as women's. its true. its just his age and yes it might take awhile but its just part of men. good luck.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 1:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2010