My 37 week appointment.! ?????

Im finally having my 37 week appointment tomorrow morning! I havent had an apt in 3 weeks. now I have an apt each week im soooooooo excited! I was wondering when they usually let you know the weight of the baby?! also, should i get another ultrasound soon? Ive only had two my whole pregnancy. Im asking, because few of my friends are due around same time as me and they already know the weight of their baby! AH! lol. anyways thanks before hand.

Armywifelovely

Asked by Armywifelovely at 11:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I only had 2 ultrasounds my whole pregnancy as well. I think the only time they do ultrasounds this late in pregnancy is if they are unsure of the position of the baby, however most doctors can tell that by feeling your cervix or your belly. And as far as the weight of the baby goes, I was never told an estimated weight. The issue with that is, is that it is very inaccurate. Whenever they give you a weight, it is always plus or minus 2 lbs...and in baby weight, that is alot!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:58 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• you prob wont get another ultrasound unless there is a reason...and even if you do, they ARE TERRIBLE at estimating weight in my opinion...ive never heard of them being right...only stories about them being way off...you may get your GBS test at this appt tho...congrats!!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• The weights are usually way off, so, don't worry about that. I had 2 U/S, but only because they couldn't find the results of the first one.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:01 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• You may only get those 2 ultrasounds(I paid about $110 for a 3d/4d session at an ultrasound clinic too tho!). I know that's how it was for me since that's all our insurance covers unless it's necessary due to a problem with the baby or mom. You should be able to ask the doctor at your visit about the weight but don't take it at face value...It's all just guessing when it comes to the weight(educated guesses but guesses none-the-less). My doc was worried my son was going to be too big to continue carrying him after 39 or 40 weeks so he induced me only to find out he was a healthy 8lbs 2oz which is on the smaller side in my family. Good luck and congrats on your baby to be!
    Mrs.Pedro

Answer by Mrs.Pedro at 12:02 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Most insurance plans only pay for one ultrasound per pregnancy unless its multiples or really necessary, so if youre a low risk pregnancy then they wont
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:03 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• im high risk 35weeks , ive had a 5u.s only at the 34w they estemated her weight to be 4lbs, they usally feel ur uteras and guess off that the babys weight.. no one really knows tho till they r born
    mayo9mommy

Answer by mayo9mommy at 12:42 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Is there a need for you to have an ultrasound? I am 37 weeks and I haven't had a medical ultrasound since the fetal anatomy scan at 18 weeks. I'm also not having a weight estimation. Those are typically not accurate.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• You wont need to go for another scan except there is something wrong. In my own case when I was 8 months I started seeing water so my doc asked me to go for scan to determine the level of water.

<
    jessy629

Answer by jessy629 at 5:54 AM on Oct. 13, 2010