At wat age do i take away the zippy cup?

Asked by angelsmommy12 at 11:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter still has one. She just turned 2 on Friday. I think that once they master being able to hold a cup without a lid, that's a good time. Before then, they may not be ready and it could lead to way more spills and messes.

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• bout 3 or at least before 4. my kids were wanting to be big boys and got off the sippy cups quickly my daughter is trying to follow as well and she is only 17 months.

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 11:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• o yea maybe try giving him a little bit of water just about a couple of sips that way if he/she spills it, it really isn't that big of a deal. and that will give your child practice

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 11:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My son was about 3 or 4. He could drink from a regular cup, but, I still let him have the sippy cup at times.

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:00 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My kids still use them (3 & 4)... Hell, I still buy my DH coffee mugs with lids. If it were up to me EVERY cup would be a sippy cup! No mess is a blessing!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:12 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• When they can ASK for a drink.
    My daughter is 3 and can't figure out how to ask for a drink - no idea why - yes we're in the testing stage. ANYWAY we couldn't take the sippy away because she couldn't tell us when she needed a drink.

But if you have more than one kid like say one is 2 and one is 4, wait until you can take it way from the smallest one also or you'll be taking away the sippy from your old child until the younger one is ready to get rid of it.

Answer by at 12:16 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Sippy cups are great for in the car but I'd say when at home, once they are 3 - 4 they can drink from a regular cup/glass.

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2010