Why do my pics get these little spots on the glass of a picture frame when I press on it from the back?

We just got our pictures developed at Walmart not too long ago. I bought frames for them and noticed that when I put them in, they get these splotchy looking patches like as if there's something moist between the pic and glass. I tried cleaning the inside of the glass and making sure it was dry but even that didn't seem to work...Some pics have more than other and it's not there unless you press them against glass and look through the glass at the pics. What is up with that? What can I do to make it stop? It's ruining beautiful pictures...

Mrs.Pedro

Asked by Mrs.Pedro at 11:56 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• you may have moisture in your house. Try getting a dehumidifier and see if that takes some of the humidity out of the house.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 9:42 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Wet
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• What did you clean the glass with? It may seem dry, but there is probabbly a film left there causing the pics to stick. Mine do it too sometimes. Try cleaning the glass with soapy water to get any residue off, then let them air dry. You could then go over the glass with a rag (lint-free) dipped in rubbing alcohol. Let that airdry, and let it dry long after you think it is dry. dust the lint off it if needed, then add your pics.

Note - good frames have this happen less because they are made well and the distance between the glass and the backer is consistant across the whole thing. Cheap frames have tight spots that press the pic against the glass.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 6:37 AM on Oct. 13, 2010