what did you bring to the hospital?

Hello ladies,

I almost have our bag packed for the hospital for the 'big day' (or night as the case may be).

A couple of questions.....

What was something that you brought that you were glad you brought?
Was there something you brought that was a waste of room?
Was there something you wish you had?

Looking for any bits of wisdom, thanks!

Laurenmommy918

Asked by Laurenmommy918 at 12:01 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I used everything I took... In fact I'm packing nearly the same things this time, just more books...

I take clothes for me & the baby, toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, etc), diapering needs (because I don't like the stuff the hospital gives) a pacifier & blanket for baby, extra socks & a nightgown, nursing needs (nipple ointment, breast pads, bra), ear plugs & eye mask, plus stuff for my DH, and then books and games and what not to kill time.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:09 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Oh, and snacks, cause they never feed you enough!

• I brought NOTHING and wasn't happy about it but I had to drop off the bank deposit for work on the way to the hospital (and I guess we see where my priorities were back then!) The things I really wish i had though was my own toothbrush shampoo and soap.
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 12:11 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i brought sweatpants (different pairs), an outfit to go home in that i would feel not so scruby in but would not cling to my post-baby jello belly, socks, a camera, hairbrush, toothpaste, babybook, baby clothes, something for ME to do, a hair dryer, shampoo/conditioner, my own body wash, comfy shirts to lounge in. battery charger for my camera.
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• 2-3 night gowns/pajamas ( because messy accident happen)
    slippers
    a good blanket ( i cant stand hospital blankets)
    my breast pump ( cant bf due to previous surgeries but i can pump)
    socks
    extra large pads
    5 pairs of comfy undies
    hair/ tooth brush
    toothpaste
    hairspray and make up ( i wanted to look nice when ppl came to visit)
    sweat pants
    nursing pads
    lots of stuff........

leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:09 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Lets see....#1,,,a camera. #2-dont remember bringing anything that was overly not useful but super in the way and #3 My bootie socks. They are so easy to slip on and off in hospital attire. Good luck and God bless,,,
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:09 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I was really glad I brought my own bottle for baby the second time around. My first was jaundice and I breastfed but my milk didn't come in until day 4 so I formula fed for a couple of days in hospital which I swear interferred with breastfeeding efforts. Eventually I was able to go back and fourth between breast and bottle with no issue but it took a lot of work. The second time around I brought my own bottle (playtex drop in system with the natural latch nipple...brown not clear ones) just in case we had the same issue and I was soooo glad I did. Breast feeding went much better.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:35 AM on Oct. 12, 2010