what would you do? adult content

I have fibroids in my uterous. my ? is...being 49 should i let them take my ovaries and cervix when they open me up and rip my uterous out...oops, that didn't soud good. I am in a lot of discomfort

JoanColi

Asked by JoanColi at 12:16 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Health

• blowing kissesmy friend had this done and she was actually ttc it hurt her alot to have to get it done but she feels so much better now. if you think it would make u feel better do it. the pain can get worse im sure. i wish u the best of luck

Tiffany_Rivera_

Answer by Tiffany_Rivera_ at 12:20 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My feeling is the more they take out the few cancers you can get. Personally I'd let them take it all and both boobs - but that's just me!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 12:20 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i'd make two lists the pluses and the minus' and then see which one is actually a better choice for you
    nrfountain

Answer by nrfountain at 12:21 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would definitely get a second opinion and find out ALL of your options. So many times doctors repeat unnecessary operations and they're finding that they don't have to or that there are other alternatives. I have heard that you can go into early menopause and that's not good either. Best of luck and I'm praying you find a way to end that pain!!
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I'd say yes!you don't want them to start having problems later and have to go through surgery again. I would let them take them.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 2:08 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I think that if your in pain and in discomfort then have them remover the whole insides. Have them just fixed you right up while they already have you opened up. Good Luck momma
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:23 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Get as much info as you can before you let them take anything that can't be put back!!! Without ovaries, you WILL go into menopause. You can maybe just have the fibroid/s removed...my sis did. Know exactly what you are giving up, and what you are getting into, before you decide. Good Luck! :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:45 PM on Oct. 12, 2010