What is the dumbest CPS report you've experienced or heard of?

My Ex-MIL called children services on me because I gave my son a weggie that hurt. Yes, they actually came to investigate it. When I was told of the allegation I couldn't help but laugh! I wanted to tell her that my son gave me one first, lol, but I didn't. All she did was ask him if I stopped giving him a weggie when he asked and she left and seemed annoyed to be called into our home over something so silly. My ex-MIL is now banned from my property and my ex-husband understands this and chewed her out for it.

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 12:46 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• lol wow.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 12:53 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• That chick has issues!!
    Thank you I need that laugh!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 12:54 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• It's funny now but I was livid after the lady left and called my ex-husband. His mom has hated me from day one (a large part in why I left and divorced him). I told him that his mother was not to come on my property anymore and that our son does NOT need CPS in and out of his life over stupid allegations such as these. That stupid woman was trying to hurt me but all she is doing is making memories of CPS in his life over nothing.

But do you ladies have any ridiculous stories about CPS?
    worriedmommy600

Comment by worriedmommy600 (original poster) at 12:59 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• my neighbor down the street grown up would call cause she hated my parents
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 1:20 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• that was soo funny..i have not heard any funny stories with cps ..everything i over hear is bad...But this one really made my night..i would of laughed at that women when she came to my house to invetigate a weggie...lmao
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 1:33 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• my neighbor called CPS on me because she said my sons coat wasnt heavy enough, the funny thing is it was a jacket in Georgia, in september, it was still like 60 degrees in the morning, so CPS went to the school to ask, and they told them that my son was always dressed well, and weater appropriate...LOL It is so funny when army wives get bored!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:11 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Had the bitchiest old lady who lived across the street from us (she used to live trap squirrels and then drown them- and watch. Crazy old witch). After insisting that we come to church with her, and having clarified that we are Atheists, she called and filed a report that I was endangering the lives of my children by selling their souls to the devil.
    The social worker actually laughed while interviewing my children when they asked "What is the devil?". needless to say, we had some issues with that neighbor...
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:30 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• What a waste of time. You hear so many horrible stories of kids taken away for the most insane reasons and you hear of kids who are hurt or killed because CPS didn't have the time or manpower to check on them. They should be fined if the complaint is found to be frivolous.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:48 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• When I was a foster parent, they returned the child back to the "family" because she was Asian, we were not and they did not have any Asian foster families so in the end- continuing her culture trumped her safety... dumb!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:08 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I've had CPS called on me three or four times- all by ex, his crazy girlfriend, or his mother. The first three times were accusations of filthy house, no food, inadequate clothing, which they visited once and I actually had the CPS lady tell me, "I wish people wouldn't waste our time with calls like this." The last time I had to be drug tested for a month. I told CPS that the next time they came I wouldn't be as cooperative- my son doesn't need that! I've been willing and submitted to everything they asked. The next time, I'll show you my house and tell you to get off my property.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 10:09 AM on Oct. 12, 2010